And I am writing about this topic today because I have been really poor at inviting people to take a look at my business. It is still work in progress but since I have been working diligently and determinedly on this step and analyzing my mistakes, my results have changed for the better. I admit I was making some horrible mistakes. Mostly shying away from sharing my business at all – how crazy is that!!
I was so afraid to let people know that I was involved with network marketing (MLM embarrassment). That has been a major stumbling block for me in building momentum in my business.
I was sabotaging any chance of success. It was okay to let others know about my product, but not the business. Do you relate to this? Let me know your experiences in the comments below.
Thankfully that has changed for me over the past few months, and that’s why I am sharing this with you. Because when you get this, I guarantee that your results will change. You will start to find yourself getting people to watch a presentation, or attend a meeting – whatever tool you are using.
And note – this has nothing to do with the company you are involved with or the product. Network marketing success is about skills. Million Dollar Earners could be involved with any company and be successful. However, I absolutely also believe that the company and the opportunity you pick is critical to your success certainly when you are starting out – I will write about that later.
So let’s start today with the invitation. How do you professionally invite someone? This is one of the keys that is preventing more people from success in our business.
Firstly whether you are involved in network marketing or not – read on! This can help you with success in your life no matter what you do.
All business involves inviting someone to take a look at something.
And inviting involves communication – right?
It is not what you say but how you say it.
Every business is about making someone else’s life better.
And you have to have this in your heart if you are to succeed.
Not enough people to talk to?
I am sure as you read this – you may be thinking – why are you telling us about the invite – I don’t have enough people to talk to -so knowing how to invite doesn’t apply.
Oh yes it does. We all have unlimited people to talk to and we would be talking to people every day if we weren’t afraid to invite them.
Or we are inviting them but messing it up and they are rejecting our approach?
Remember that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over?
Well, it’s time to change what you are doing.
Communication means to convey or receive information. So it is key to ask yourself if you are conveying what you mean to convey, and is the other person receiving what you want to convey?
Well that can be a challenge and that is why your team in network marketing should have a standard way of communication.
Listen to your team and listen to the people in your organization who are actively and successfully inviting others to presentations.
Do not attempt to re-invent any wheels unless you have consistent success and then you are almost certainly already using the fundamentals. It is often beginners who find the need to re-invent systems and processes. It is a way to distract themselves from doing the work!
You would never run out of leads if you knew what to say to people you meet and how to say it.
Qualities for Inviting People to a Tool
So I learned these top qualities for professionally inviting someone to a tool. And trust me, they work!
When you check this list, you will realize that when you fail any one of these, it will affect your results.
I believe the most important part of our business, is being more interested in other people than yourself.
Stop worrying about the outcome, focus on the needs of the other person and determine whether your opportunity can fulfill their needs.
That is the purpose of our business.
Here are the ten qualities that will change your results
- Smile through the invite – show that you are enjoying this process. And if you are not enjoying this, then you are in the wrong business!
- Make sure your body doesn’t distract the other person – wear professional clothing and if doing the invite in person, make sure your breath doesn’t smell!
- Know what you are talking about – study your opportunity. There is something about “ignorance on fire” but people won’t stay if you don’t know what you are talking about.
- Be interested in the other person.
- Be focused
- Be assertive – be confident in what you are talking about, you should be excited!
- Communicate easily – again if you have studied your product, opportunity and company, and you are genuinely excited and passionate about your business, it will be easier to speak about it.
- Tell the truth – don’t exaggerate, just be honest and sincere.
- Communicate at their level, understand who they are.
- Genuinely want to improve their life or make it easier – again this means that you need to know their needs.
Our team has a A-LIFT process – which stands for Attitude, List, Invite, Follow Up and Teach represented by each day of the week – Monday to Friday. And I believe the best way to learn these skills is to repeat them over and over every day. If you are ready to learn more about inviting people to your business, then contact me and I would love to help you.
Equipping You for Success,
And if you enjoyed this article, please SHARE and COMMENT below.
And Turn Your Followers into Leaders too ...
- Learn How to reset Your Thinking for Success
- Discover the One Secret All Inspired Leaders Know
- Learn How to Create a Tribe of Loyal Followers
- Find Out How to Join Our Mastermind Inner Circle
And much more...
Be informed about our webinars, events and mastermind retreats to supercharge your results!